[HTS-members] News items

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 10:50:03 BST 2017

The Village Green Party on the 24th June was a great success.  Thank you all
for your support and hope you had an enjoyable evening at this unique event.

In particular, you seemed very happy with the on-line advance booking. This
allows us much more confidence in our costs management running up to the
event and getting the catering levels right. It will be our normal practice
going forward.

We have just submitted an objection to an application on the Mill Lane site.
This is for conversion of the offices at the Old Boat House to residential
use (some 18 apartments). We see this as contrary to the Supplementary
Planning Document agreed with SBDC and the approvals for the Berkeley Homes
developments that set limits on the number of dwellings. It would also
significantly cut down commercial and river facing activity on Mill Lane,
again central to the SPD. Our full objection is at:
http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk/objections/ if you wish to comment yourself.

We have a meeting scheduled with Mark Strong from Bucks CC to discuss the
status of the "not-cancelled" A4 cycleway.

Roger Worthington, Secretary
07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.