[HTS-members] New web site

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 18:39:31 GMT 2017

Dear Members

Last year we said that we were intending to overhaul our communications
abilities.

We have taken the first step by renewing our web site. Its technologies
support its display on smart phones in good format and make updating,
maintaining and extending it much simpler. www.taplowsociety.org.uk
<http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk>

The first release contains much that is familiar from the old one but has
new facilities that we would like you to try out and assess.

The DIARY page allows you to submit your own entries directly. We hope that
this will encourage entries not directly belonging to the Society but of
interest across Taplow. You do not need to be a member to make an entry.

Similarly the NEWS page works in the same way, with the added option for you
to make a related comment.

These are first steps in providing two way communications and later releases
will extend these capabilities. Your comments on this would be appreciated.

The web site is also linked to Facebook and Twitter. Updates to the web site
can generate a Facebook / Twitter alert if you sign up.

The old site contains much of interest and also has many Google pointers
that we do not wish to lose. The old site is now frozen but shortly will be
reachable from the new site.

Later releases are planned to include more subscription payment options, in
conjunction with a new membership management system, in addition to further
communications facilities.

General comments on the new system can be sent to our webmaster (
<mailto:zoe.hatch at gmail.com> zoe.hatch at gmail.com )  or to the secretary.

Roger Worthington, Secretary
07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to  <mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>
secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk and we will remove you.