[HTS-members] Various updates

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 13:22:40 GMT 2016

Stop Press:

Christmas Concert at St Nicolas Church on Saturday 3rd December at 6pm. See
attached notice.

Tickets as per the poster or from Julie Teasdale joolsteasdale at yahoo.co.uk
<mailto:joolsteasdale at yahoo.co.uk>

Response to SBDC on the Green Belt Options consultation (due by 12th
December).

http://www.southbucks.gov.uk/planning/localplan2014-2036

http://www.southbucks.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=8628
<http://www.southbucks.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=8628&p=0> &p=0

We are commenting as below. Please consider making your own response as you
think fit. You can take note of our comments if you wish but should use your
own wording.
Points to consider:

Straight objection to any removal from the Green Belt

Preserving the bush and tree lined road edge to this site.

There are empty offices in Maidenhead so do we need more?

Your view on the points in our objection to the future of car parking at and
around the station.

The Hitcham and Taplow Society comments as follows on the Green Belt Options
Consultation.  The Society has been in existence for over 50 years. It has a
main objective to ensure that all development within the district is of the
highest standard and preserves the quality of the environment.  It
represents a significant proportion of the residents of Taplow.

Our comments are restricted to Option 15 (Land adjacent to Taplow Station).

This site, bordering the A4 on its northern edge supplies one of the prime
functions of the Green Belt, namely the separation of conurbations. This
tree and bush line site is a very visual signal of the separation of
Maidenhead and Slough.

Whatever the longer term employment requirements may turn out to be there is
presently unused office capacity in Maidenhead and more is not justified in
the short term.

Most significantly the proposal does not take into account the arrival of
Crossrail in 2019 and the consequent growth of station parking requirements.
This growth is difficult to predict but the very rapid growth (and
projections of growth) of housing in the Beaconsfield area suggest that a
short journey down to Taplow for direct London connectivity will draw many
commuters. Presently too many bodies are involved for this to be easily
resolved. BCC are in charge of road parking restrictions, GWR, Crossrail and
TfL all have interests in the station itself and SBDC controls the
designation of the site adjacent to the station. We believe that some
extension to station parking facilities will be needed in the next few
years.

A pre-allocation of the Opton15 land to office development will make the
correct station parking solution much harder to implement. As there is no
immediate urgency for office space here we strongly recommend that Option 15
is rejected in the short term, It appears very likely that in the next two
or three years a new unitary authority will be in place with responsibility
for this area. At that time, this authority will have full control of all
factors, TfL will have control of the station and the parking pressures will
be much clearer. At that time the site should be re-assessed. We would not
necessarily oppose some office development as part of that reappraisal.

Option 15 should be rejected.

Response to competing Unitary Authority proposals from BCC and SBDC /
Chilterns

Bucks CC and SBDC / Chilterns have developed competing proposals for new
Unitary Authorities. They are primarily driven by pressures on costs and
vanishing central grants.

The proposals are at:

http://www.southbucks.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=8616
<http://www.southbucks.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=8616&p=0> &p=0 (South
Bucks)

http://futurebucks.co.uk/ (Bucks CC)

Roger Worthington, Secretary
07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.