[HTS-members] News updates

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 16:33:40 GMT 2016

At its meeting on 26th January, the Parish Council committed to developing a
Neighbourhood Plan for Taplow.

This will involve consultation across the Parish and we expect to be making
an important contribution to this.  Details will follow.

The council also decided to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday on 21st
April with a beacon on Taeppa's Mound. Again, details to follow.

We have also submitted to Berkeley Homes suggested names for the new roads
and buildings on the Mill Lane site, following our early request for
suggestions and research by Nigel Smales. They are fairly similar to the
names suggested by the Parish, differences mainly over names for the blocks.

We are now maintaining on the web site a diary of local events.

http://www.taplowsociety.org.uk/twiki/bin/view/Main/TaplowDiary

If you have relevant activities you would like to see posted, let me know.
Shouldn't normally include routine society meetings. For societies we are
looking at adding a separate contact list for such local interest groups and
societies.

Roger Worthington, Secretary

07787556309

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has
been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications,
please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk
<mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.