[HTS-members] Crossrail work noise

Roger roger at worthingtonia.co.uk
Sat Sep 5 15:49:05 BST 2015

Residents immediately adjacent to the railway have been informed directly but there may well be excessive noise coming up spreading beyond the normal limits.

Roger Worthington, Secretary

This mail has been sent to you from the Hitcham and Taplow Society. If has been sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive such communications, please reply to secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk <mailto:secretary at taplowsociety.org.uk>  and we will remove you.

Network Rail

Community Relations

Network Rail

Enterprise House

167-169 Westbourne Terrace

Paddington

London W2 6JX

Tel: 03457 11 41 41

Dear Neighbour,

Crossrail – Noisy work on the railway between Leigh Road Bridge, Slough and Maidenhead Station

We have been installing foundations for overhead line structures between West Drayton and Maidenhead, and will continue this work until February 2016. The overhead lines will allow us to electrify the route to deliver faster, greener, quieter and more reliable journeys from 2019.

You may be able to see that some of the foundations along the track haven’t been installed all the way; this is because the vibration method we usually use hasn’t been strong enough. We always try our best to use methods which have the least impact on our neighbours, but sometimes the tougher ground conditions mean that we need to use a stronger and much noisier technique to complete the essential work.

This work mostly needs to be done during the night while the trains aren’t running, which is essential to provide a safe working area for our engineers. Please see below the restricted hours we will be noisier between Leigh Road Bridge and Maidenhead Station:

 Friday 11 September 23:00 hrs – Saturday 12 September 06:15hrs

Managing the disruption to our neighbours is really important to us while we do this essential work. Our team will be using special sound barriers and tactics to dampen the sound created by the machines. As we complete the foundations we will move along the track, so you will experience varying levels of noise as we move on. As a result, although the work will take place on two successive nights, we will try to ensure that no residents are disturbed during both nights.

We are continuing with work associated with the electrification in your area, within the working hours explained earlier in the month:

 Until 31 December 2015: Most nights from 22:15 – 05:15 with work continuing on Sundays through the day until 18:00: Installation of piled foundations.

 Until 31 December: Most nights (22:15 – 05:15) with work continuing on Sundays through the day until 18:00: Installation of the overhead line structures.

 1 October until 29 February 2016: Monday – Sunday (08:00 – 18:00): Vegetation & Tree Clearance along embankments.

In the meantime if you have any queries please call our dedicated 24-hour National Helpline on 03457 11 41 41 or email CRCrossrail at networkrail.co.uk. Should you wish to learn more about Crossrail, please visit www.crossrail.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Deborah Allbrook

Community Relations Executive