[HTS-members] Fw: OPG - Pre-Christmas working party - 6th December - 9am to 12:30

Karl Lawrence lawrencek28 at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 4 12:21:36 GMT 2014

From: Roger Andrews
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 6:21 PM
To: Roger Andrews
Cc: MALCOLM TAIT ; MivVictoria at aol.com ; Tony Harding ; Alistair Forsyth
Subject: OPG - Pre-Christmas working party - 6th December - 9am to 12:30

The next working party is almost upon us, rather like Christmas!

Last time we made great progress, so at this rate we will have collectively made a big difference by the Spring.

The aim this weekend is to prepare as much as possible for the hedge-laying that will take place in January. This means clearing away brambles and deadwood adjacent to the existing hedge/boundary.

The hedge laying team will be teaching the art of hedge-laying on a couple of Saturdays in January. This is a chance for kids as well as adults to get involved in making the new hedge. I will confirm which days shortly.

If all goes well by the spring we should start to have a neater, defined boundary to OPG and within a couple of years have a wonderful hedge (oh how sad am I getting excited about hedges!)

For this coming Saturday please bring your gloves, wellies, loppers/secateurs, garden fork, etc.

We will provide food at lunchtime. Remember, even an hour makes a huge difference.

I won't say what the weather outlook is as I don't want to tempt fate.....

Roger