[HTS-members] Fw: Fwd: Invitation for coffee this Saturday from Ellington Gardens residents

Karl Lawrence karlnuman at supanet.com
Sun Jan 26 10:58:51 GMT 2014

FYI

From: George Sandy
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:04 AM
To: Rupert Sellers
Cc: EDRA ; mailto:evalipman at talktalk.net ; Karl Lawrence ; taplow parish ; Joy Marshall
Subject: Fwd: Invitation for coffee this Saturday from Ellington Gardens residents

Dear All - FYI copy of note sent to various responsible officers at SBDC. George

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

  Dear All

  You will see from the copy mail below that there was a substantial turnout of residents yesterday at a protest mtg to save the trees.

  The Maidenhead Advertiser will run the story this week with photos. Am also informed that Watts & Co, tree surgeons who carry out all the heavy work on the Cliveden Estate, have been asked for a 2nd opinion on the health of the trees in question. Their view is that they are mostly in good condition with plenty of life years ahead of them, only requiring some cosmetic work. E.g. Removing ivy and a few dead branches, and should be TPO'd.

  In view of these facts believe it would be a wise move for SBDC to ensure, at the very least, that there is a stay of execution. It will certainly not reflect well upon this Council if the trees are felled before news of the protest is published in the media this week.

  Yours

  George

  Sent from my iPad

  Begin forwarded message: