[GNUz] Software Freedom Day

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Wed Mar 5 22:14:00 GMT 2014

Hello Don, and hi to GNUz folk.

Thank you for this SFD kick-start!

Don and I were able to use last night's GNUz workshop at South Library
to get http://sfd.org.nz off the ground as our starting point. Those
interested should have a look.

We also have http://www.facebook.com/TeamChristchurchSFD already
established - please support if you're in that space.

Discussion needs now to agree what kind of event SFD 2014 should be,
here and contributing nationwide - all input welcome!

I have written to Dave / NZOSS separately, to continue last year's
discussion of SFD around Chch. Answers for Don's questions will come out
of that.

More info later.

On 05/03/14 11:15, Don Robertson wrote:
> Hi - just fired off another email about getting hold of the
> softwarefreedomday.org.nz domain name. I have not been in contact with
> the holder this year, but last year she expressed her willingness to
> transfer it to me, but never got it done. I notice that sfd.org.nz is
> available.
>
> So - if there is no progress on the long domain, should we just
> register the short one and get on with it?
>
> Also - is there anyone else who should be taking ownership of this?
> NZOSS? Rik? I'd be happy to look after it - either temporarily or for
> the longer term if that is what you want.
>
> And any further ideas on where to host it and what to do with it?
>
> Cheers
>
> Don
>
> --
> Don Robertson
> don at robertson.net.nz
> www.robertson.net.nz
> 021 294 1452

Thanks again for your enthusiasm for FOSS support and advocacy.

Kind regards,

Rik
--
Rik Tindall