[GNUz] Workshop Weds 7.30pm

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Mon Dec 3 21:33:15 GMT 2012

Hi all, monthly notice, December 5:

Tomorrow night is the Sydenham Freenix* workshop, 7.30-9.30pm (first
Wednesday of each month, February to December), at the Upper Riccarton
Community Library, 71 Main South Road, Sockburn - for the last time:
http://christchurchcitylibraries.com/UpperRiccarton/

Next year the South Christchurch Library is to reopen so we will start
again there once the venue is made available.

We use the modern 33-computer suite and overhead projector in these
learning centres for a BYO free/open liveCD software distribution
('distro') show & tell, knowledge exchange, and tuition on request.
Notebooks are the easiest demo systems to bring. Ubuntu is the default
distro used and available on the lab machines otherwise - version 12.10,
or any other distro, is available upon request. Ours is the creative,
productive and virus-free world without "Windows"(TM).

The Freenix sessions provide a technical presentation space, with an
open format for any FOSS-related talk that people may wish to offer -
let us know. Each attendee has use of an i5 workstation, with internet.
All welcome.

Have a happy and safe holiday festive season.

Kind regards,

Rik Tindall

pp Sydenham GNU/Linux Users
Software Freedom Day, Team Christchurch, 21-September-2013
http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/gnuz

* Freenix = Unix-derived, Free and Open-Source Software (FOSS) club:
BSD-friendly + http://www.infohelp.co.nz/fsanz-constitution.html