[GNUz] [Linux-users] GNOME foundation

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Wed Jun 1 09:30:38 BST 2011

Further, re Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal,

http://maketecheasier.com/adjust-ubuntu-unitys-settings-easily-with-gunity/2011/05/30

> That is, one needs to install:
>
> CompizConfig Setting Manager http://wiki.compiz.org/CCSM
>
> - Of course Synaptic hasn't heard of it.. :-|
>
> Here is a peek at http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/
>
> - So we are sure a heck stuck with this Unity gizme - better get used to
> it

"Jim, she's breaking up! She's breaking up!" (vague memories of Star Trek
tele-transportation)

- So we are sure as heck stuck with this Unity gizmo - better get used to
it (in gnome-3)

Yes, Firefox 4, after switching between different window frames, locked me
out of my webmail client (it seemed to barf at copy-and-paste) allowing no
further editing, but just enough drag-and-drop functionality to munt that
sentence.

I have logged out and back into my webmail client to restore
functionality. And I'm not alone to have seen strange errors in the way
Firefox 4 is 'working' on Narwhal. Never had such problems before. Except
that Firefox 3 support on Ubuntu 10.10 seems to have already ceased (that's
semi-broken too now).

Mind you, this is a liveCD 11.04 in use just now, with no updates in place
yet..

Maybe I'll try that for any improvement

--
Cheers, Rik