[GNUz] [Linux-users] GNOME foundation

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Wed Jun 1 09:11:39 BST 2011

Ok, on the advice of 1/7 of tonight's workshop, have googled up the
solution to my second-most bugbear with Unity:

Howto "configure the number of desktop (virtual workspace) you want. You
can specify the columns and rows. The default is 2 columns by 2 rows"

http://maketecheasier.com/adjust-ubuntu-unitys-settings-easily-with-gunity/2011/05/30

That is, one needs to install:

CompizConfig Setting Manager http://wiki.compiz.org/CCSM

- Of course Synaptic hasn't heard of it.. :-|

Here is a peek at http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/

- So we are sure a heck stuck with this Unity gizme - better get used to
it