[GNUz] Free*nix Workshop Weds 7.30pm + SFD

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Tue Sep 1 21:06:00 BST 2009

Hi all, monthly notice, 2 September:

Tonight is the Sydenham GNU/Linux Users' *Unix class, 7.30-9.30pm (first
Wednesday of each month, February to December), at the South Learning
Centre <http://www.library.christchurch.org.nz/South/>, (rear door)
South Christchurch Library, 66 Colombo Street, Beckenham.

BYO distro liveCD show & tell, exchange & tuition.

Ubuntu is the default distro used. A chance to meet other *nix users,
have installation questions answered, get on-line security tips, etc.

+ A call-out to all contributors to: Saturday 19 September 2009 Software
Freedom Day <http://www.softwarefreedomday.org>

N.B. WellyLUG/NZOSS last year became big on
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org.nz - a prosperous prospect for SFD indeed!

A CLUG room is available locally - the one where we usually show movies
- for any demo boxes brought in or talks people would like to give, on SFD9.

http://www.infohelp.co.nz/sfd9.html is a poster people can print off and
give out, or design anew from those details.

Come along tonight to help plan our SF Day.

All welcome.

Kind regards,

Rik Tindall