[GNUz] GNU Anubis --> gsasl

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 05:53:05 BST 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Don Gould <don at bowenvale.co.nz> wrote:

> I want to install Anubis on my CC box.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/anubis/#requirements
>
> Says I need gsasl.
>
> Went to http://www.gnu.org/software/gsasl/ which seems to indicate that
> gsasl is just an implimentation of sasl.
>
> My cc box repo offers cyrus-sasl.
>
> Does anyone know if cyrus-sasl will do the trick?

Doesn't seem likely. If you look at the package contents of libsasl (ie
cyrus-sasl) http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i386/libsasl2-2/filelist  and
the contents of the gsasl package
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/i386/libgsasl7/filelist you will see that
the library names are different.

possibilities at a guess are:

1. re-write anubis to link against the cyrus-sasl package (hard), or

2. compile anubis statically so as to remove the dependency.

3. package gsasl for CC.

4. Last time I used CC it used packages from a well known distro, Redhat
IIRC (yes its that long ago that I used it). If they are still retaining
compatibility with a bigger distro, try getting packages from there.