[GNUz] Free Software GnUru visits Christchurch

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Sat Aug 9 23:33:17 BST 2008

> Kia ora taatou,..
>
> ..announce the Christchurch speaking details for Richard M Stallman
> ('RMS'), thanks to the University of Canterbury's Computer Science &
> Software Engineering <http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> department, and
> their Free Culture Club <http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/freeculture/>.
>
> Date: Saturday 16 August
> Time: 2:00-4:30pm
> Place: Lecture Theatre Arts 1 - A1, east of James Hight Library -
> University of Canterbury
> Topic: Computers, GNU and Free Culture.

Tim & friends,

There's one thing that Free Culture Club might like to do to further
improve this event with, please.

RMS is seeking a powhiri somewhere, without yet knowing that is the name
for what he seeks. Can we try to join the dots for him, by making
contact with the http://www.maori.canterbury.ac.nz University cultural
group?

Usually there'd be Kai Tahu people and students ready to welcome
overseas dignitaries at important public events such as this one, and
it's just a matter of finding them and inviting them to perform a
welcome - in good time.

It needn't use a lot of people's time, but the significance for both
tangata whenua and RMS would not be lost.

Kia ora, Rik