[GNUz] RMS update

Tim trmusson at ihug.co.nz
Fri Aug 8 05:32:25 BST 2008

Blair Bonnett wrote:
> (Tim - If the GNUZ list doesn't let this through, can you please forward
> it on?)

(It did appear on the GNUz mailing list.)

> I've just submitted the following notice about the talk to Canta (the UC
> student magazine) which will be printed in next Wednesdays edition.

Blair, that's an excellent notice, thanks! :^)

> [...] If anybody has any corrections we could probably sweet-talk  the
> editor of Canta into making some changes in the next couple of days,
> or any further suggestions for the posters would be gratefully
> accepted  (as it stands, the notice is at the word limit we were given
> so we can't  really add anything to it).

In last week's issue, Canta changed every instance of "Free Software" to
"free software". Probably worth asking them not to do that this time ;^)

> We will also need to update the website ASAP so people visiting it for
> further details actually get further details as opposed to an
> out-of-date page...

I'll try to start on that this afternoon, but I'm not sure I'll get time.
Will prolly just copy and paste your Canta notice.

BTW 1: I've sent an email to Tim Bell to double-check that we can leave
the doors to the building unlocked from 2pm till 5pm, and that attendees
will not need assistance or ID cards to come and go. Will let you know
what I hear back.

BTW 2: I'd better mention that I'm going to be out of town and
unavailable until Monday afternoon.

Cheers,

Tim
--
Timothy Musson                     FSF Associate Member
http://russianclub.wikidot.com/    http://www.fsf.org/