[GNUz] [NZOSS-OpenChat] Richard Stallman's Tour of New Zealand

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Tue Jul 29 02:19:37 BST 2008

Vik Olliver wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 11:13 +1200, Don wrote:
>
>> Given the other thread running this news it is timely to start getting
>> news of RMS' trip out. He will be here between August 6th and 20th.
>>
>> http://nzoss.org.nz/news/2008/richard-stallmans-tour-new-zealand
>>
> I will alert the authorities :)
>
>> Thanks to Simon Bridge, Peter Lambrechtsen and Rik Tindall for their
>> hard work in organising Richard's time here in NZ.
>>

> Hear, hear.
>
> Vik :v)

Thanks Don, Vik, and especially Simon, for initiating this tour and its nascent advertising.

The South has risen to the challenge, with Invercargill and Dunedin RMS tour events now being organised for 19 August.

Here in Christchurch, it is planned to offer an evening meal for RMS to meet with our local *nix community on Sunday 17 August, and then to hold a 7.30pm public meeting for RMS to speak on Monday 18 August.

The 18 August meeting - to which all NZ GNU fans are most cordially invited - may assess adoption of this tabled http://www.infohelp.co.nz/fsanz-constitution from March 2007. All input towards a "Free Software Aotearoa New Zealand" is most welcome, and we'd hope to form a nationally representative "FSANZ" committee - accommodation can be organised for any more visitors.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Rik Tindall