[GNUz] [Fwd: Re: RMS to visit NZ]

Rik Tindall ask at infohelp.co.nz
Wed Jul 16 12:57:32 BST 2008

Don Gould wrote:
> Rik Tindall wrote:
>
>> Also, RMS suggests we aim bigger than a 100 seat room, for our 7.30pm
>> Monday 18 August main meeting plan. This place is 'great': Arts Centre
>> Great Hall
>> <http://www.artscentre.org.nz/Venues-for-Hire/The-Great-Hall/>. They
>> even do a sponsorship arrangement, that could reduce the $420.00 bill
>> for going there:
>>
> Jo just commented to me that "It's expensive and cold"...

That's true, but they light the fire! (historic building air consent).

At least, it was warm last.. March? I'll take Jo's word on this :)

> Does she have a point about the 'cold' bit?   Where is RMS coming from
> and what temperatures is he expecting?  We don't want to send him off
> shore with any bugs now :)
>
> On the 'sponsorship' front, who's allowed to be sponsors?  There's a
> bunch of local businesses who prosper due to GNU/Linux but who also used
> lots and lots of very closed OS systems (how do you spell Cisco?)

That was a 'cultural content' offer from the Arts Centre for a lesser/0?
hire fee.

Up North they're still gathering contributions towards the flights
to/from NZ, so anything spare they'll take! Feel free to ask around Don,
we'd be glad of any help.