[GNUz] [Fwd: Re: RMS to visit NZ]

Tim trmusson at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 16 11:15:05 BST 2008

Rik Tindall wrote:
> Or we could go for that evening in a UniCanty lecture theatre, as Mark
> suggests - if Free Culture can book it cheaply?

We should be able to get a suitable lecture theatre at Uni for free via
the Cosc. dept., surely.

> I'd rather we did two (or three - a meal out) events though, to
> maximise promotional work. The Central city seems more accessible, and
> in line with the RMS taste for historic buildings and settings, if it
> comes to a choice. Tuesday 19 August at Uni? - I can be there (taxi)
> during that day, but less likely that night. Sunday would be our
> CLUG/meal night - if RMS agrees.

I'd better book it (a lecture theatre at uni) ASAP though, so please
give me instructions on the date and time as soon as it's decided.

BTW, I am a bit scared about numbers and advertising. It would be a
shame if RMS ended up doing two or three talks in Chch., each to a small
audience. Would it make sense to plan just one talk (e.g. somewhere nice
like the Arts Centre in the evening) and put all our effort into
promoting that one event?

--
Timothy Musson                         FSF Associate Member
http://www.russianclub.wikidot.com/    http://www.fsf.org/