[GNUz] Re: SUSE CDs Underway

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:23:22 +1200

Thanks Colin,

Most encouraging for the SFD cause.

If you do get ten seconds to mention our event, you might like to make
it that:

"Software Freedom Day is being celebrated in Christchurch with an
Installfest and live-CD demonstration, on Saturday and Sunday
afternoons, at the South Christchurch Library in Colombo Street,
Beckenham. All welcome."

Colin Jackson wrote:
> Rik
>
> Firstly, thanks for the contact. I plan to give SFD a few minutes
> tomorrow, although I'll also be talking about something else.
>
> Regarding the web page you pointed me to - no, it doesn't work for me
> (Firefox on a Mac). If I were a Chc ratepayer I'd be grumpy about
> that. I don;t have browser figures, although the hits on my blog at
> IT.GEN.NZ are about 50% FF. That may not be typical though :-).

Yep. We'll forward any media output to you too. - Relevant to your fan
base :)

> What I can do is use this as the subject of a later programme, along
> with Welly Library's decision to distribute e-books in a proprietary
> format. Perhaps this could all sit along with World Standards day in a
> few weeks time.

Sounds great to us. Will see what we can do here, and look forward to
more discussion on it later.

> All the best for the SFD. I hope you get lots of takers; but most of
> all that you succeed in further raising awareness of the issues.
>
> Regards
>
> Colin Jackson

Cheers

Rik Tindall

--
Rik Tindall

03-332-1069 or 027-406-0077

pp SoftwareFreedomDay.org Team Christchurch