[GNUz] Lost in the battle

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:49:45 +1200

Yep, it's our first significant burst into life as a list. Warts and
all. There are foundations being laid for future building work, amongst
the clamour - of whether these should be laid east, west, north, south,
facing Mecca, along lay lines, .. you get the idea. So you've stumbled
into a mob who cares about its culture - and the fact that that is just
optional. So ignoring it is certainly valid, and please do let us know
if we're stressing your Inbox.

fill wrote:

> My ignorance to the matter gives me the impression that it should be
> called neither LUG CLUG FLOSS or FOSS but LOST!

Hmmm.. We're working on that! (see Constitution.)

> When the bickering is sorted and the dust settles, i'm sure there will
> be some quasi winners and losers that will scowl at each other across
> meeting rooms whilst others sit at computers learning and sharing
> knowledge.

:) Smiles all round is the sense I get; sorting, unique commentary,
freenix passion. Otherwise we wouldn't be here.

> Happily apathetic to it all
> Phil Gemmell

This reminds me of my dear departed Dad, and further occasional
exchanges with reticent elderly. 'Learn the computer'? - Not if you
don't want to. There are much better things in life to be enjoyed, than
this huge time consumer.

But we have our own community point in being.

Cheers
--
Rik