[GNUz] How does GLU/GNUz differ from CLUG?

Jim Cheetham gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:14:36 +1200

On 20/03/07, Rik Tindall <ask@infohelp.co.nz> wrote:
> Timothy Musson wrote:
> Draft-0 - comments welcome:
>
> http://www.infohelp.co.nz/fsanz-constitution.html

You started numbering at 1, not 0 ... :-)

Object 2 - should that be qualified or extended to refer to the
definition of Free Software as framed by the FSF?

Your reference to Aotearoa NZ made me smile :-) Like the GNU in
GNU/Linux, the Aotearoa in New Zealand is contestible. Like the GNU in
GNU/Linux, is is also _understood_.

The Constitution section I must admit I glossed over. If it's
"boilerplate", it's probably appropriate. You need 3 officers, but
it's not clear whether 1 person could fulfil all three roles at the
same time or not. But I suspect the IRD may have clearer restrictions
around that! They have a good set of data around clubs & societies
IIRC, with the rules that you need in order to exempt yourself from
their interest.

-jim