[GNUz] Re: UTP Cables from Solid Core

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:36:04 +1300

Where's Chris "drifting OT" Sawtell when we need him?

Read the "Subject" line, for a proof.

Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> On Sun 11 Feb 2007 08:14:32 NZDT +1300, Robert Fisher wrote:
>
> You aren't allowed to use flexible mains cable for fixed wiring, unless
> they changed that relatively recently. Not really a biggie, since most
> of us aren't allowed to do fixed mains wiring anyway.

Not that it matters, or that this is a complaint. It isn't - just an
observation. But a valid one, if you accept that "Linux culture" has
equal value to any other wetware aspect of "our favorite O/S" and its
"community" - which includes code production (mostly done elsewhere).

Evidenced is the fact that "the CLUG" pack scrums down around some ball
other than "Linux" (Free Software), when time and again topics drift off
in a "makers" direction like this.

It seems to me that - especially over time - through its core values
(that are not GNU, which "Linux" is), that this list has scant objective
claim to operate under a "Linux" banner at all. A 'linux+*-users' list
more accurately, which is a complete dilution of the point, and for
which an active and focused User Group is the main remedy.

But again, that poses the question: Users of what?

Can we have a seconder, please, to move for the formation of the:

GNU/Linux User Group of Waitaha/Canterbury?

One would be enough, and could then share pride in being the first and
only GNU/Linux User Group in Australasia (beyond India).

.02c, & no offense intended
--
Rik