[GNUz] SFD Installfest

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:48:45 +1200

Keith McGavin wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 21, at 04:50:40PM, Rik Tindall wrote:
>
>> ..is booked into the Sydenham Room of the SLC
>> <http://www.library.christchurch.org.nz/South/>, for Sat 16/9 from
>> 12-4pm (exit by 4.30). All we need now is an Installfest Manager :)
>>

> Not me, I havn't used rpm based distro's for a long time.
Me neither, but which are you thinking of?

It shouldn't too hard to do something for any installees - we have 6+ on
the Team. Referring to future meetings if there's (typical) sticking
points. But a start with partitioning & setup can be done.

> How will
> the installations be done, standalone or ftp?

 From Ubuntu liveCDs - as running in demo room - unless installers want
to supply different, which is fine.
> Also would it be a good idea to have flyers available about Software
> Freedom and FOSS for visitors to take with them or have on display on
> a notice board?
>
> I found this page as an example.
>
>   http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/en/m/basics/index.html?print=true

Yes, the more info the better. All print runs welcome / will sort otherwise.

cheers

--
Rik