[GNUz] Re: SFD Mind map update and Support...

Don Gould gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:17:30 +1200

--------------090104020908020506000504

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your kind message.

I have now had a number of emails along the same lines as yours.

I have sent the same comments to those people as I'm sending to you, see
between the lines...

-----------------
Trust me when I say it's just not worth bringing down your day over...

I will say thou, that it was not the views, or even the tone, or even
the threats that were the issue...

It was the use of constant offensive language, hate and anger.

I didn't go into it on list, because I didn't feel it was appropriate.

I have see this kind of communication before from people.

In one case (unrelated project in Australia) I found out later that the
sender was drunk when they wrote what they wrote.  I've also known
people on lists to be unwell.

I know from personal experience that if you're not well then it's not
helpful to have people take you to task on your views... in this case I
have no real idea about the health or other wise of the other party so
I'm just going to back away from the whole project.

I also found the SFD site offensive. The fact that the project
stakeholders don't care enough to respond to offers of help makes a
complete mockery of the project.

Very sad really because I could see something of value to the community
coming from it but the lack of support combined with offensive
communications makes it something I'm staying away from.

------------------

Matt it is great to hear that the forums are being cleaned up.  As they
stand currently they wouldn't make it thru a half decent content filter
and that really makes a mockery of the entire project.

It has been made clear to me that it is not my place to advise your
orginisation and that from New Zealand there are appropriate channels
and ways for making contact.

Frankly I found this to be contrary to policies published on the SFD web
site and any associated wiki sites that I found.

As you can see from my site at www.tcn.bowenvale.co.nz, I have enough
projects on the go at present to not waste my time on projects that
leave my wife feeling angry and upset.

Again, I wish you and your team the best.

Cheer Don

--
Don Gould
www.thinkdesignprint.co.nz - www.tcn.bowenvale.co.nz -

--------------090104020908020506000504

begin:vcard
fn:Don Gould
n:Gould;Don
org:Bowenvale Communications
adr:Riccarton;;2/59 Peverel Street;Christchurch;;8004;New Zealand
email;internet:don@bowenvale.co.nz
title:Director
tel;work:+64 3 348 7235
tel;home:+64 3 348 7235