[GNUz] SFD Mind map update and Support...

Don Gould gnuz@inode.co.nz
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:12:27 +1200

--------------050907030608050206020208

Nick Rout wrote:
>> I have also done quite a bit more research into the project and found
>> that stake holders in the project aren't interested in the views of
>> members of the global community.
>>
>> See:
>> http://www.sf-day.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119

This posting is a request/offer from two different people to clean up
the spam.  The request has clearly fallen on deaf ears.

>> http://www.sf-day.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130
>> http://www.sf-day.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=124

The next two are examples of the spam advertising drugs and porn.  There
is also other advertising.

> I see no evidence of what you say. All I see are some very short
> threads, some of which have been spammed. You get that. How it relates
> to what you are saying is beyond me.
>

>> Additionally I sent a number of emails and have received no response.
>>

> Par for the course with any email. People are not obliged to reply.

I agree 100%.  You are right.  The maintainers of the site also don't
have to maintain it.

My issue is that I'm not going to get involved in spending my time
promoting a cause that the people who created it don't care enough about
to even respond to people who are attempting to support them.

Nick you and I are very experienced in the Internet world, someone who's
simply interested in knowing a bit more about free software might not be.

At present the SFD web site wouldn't make it thru any half decent
content filter.

I proposed on my mind map that we prompt the project to schools.  People
in these schools would find the content blocked, hence a waste of my time.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Cheers Don
--
Don Gould
www.thinkdesignprint.co.nz - www.tcn.bowenvale.co.nz -

--------------050907030608050206020208

begin:vcard
fn:Don Gould
n:Gould;Don
org:Bowenvale Communications
adr:Riccarton;;2/59 Peverel Street;Christchurch;;8004;New Zealand
email;internet:don@bowenvale.co.nz
title:Director
tel;work:+64 3 348 7235
tel;home:+64 3 348 7235