[GNUz] Fest/SFD workshop Weds 5/7/6

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 02 Jul 2006 18:48:00 +1200

Hi folks,

Freenix Community Networks meet this week:

Wednesday July 5th, 7.30pm at the Sydenham Community Association Hall,
25 Hutcheson Street, Christchurch.

These workshops are an opportunity to receive help with *nix box
installs and repairs. We will be networking all the systems that arrive,
wirelessly where possible, taking turns then to serve X to projector
screen using RFB (x0rfbserver). Pre-install this package, or collect it
via our shared onsite Internet, to have ten minutes audience time on
whatever *nix tuition approach you might like to develop.

As agreed at the start of the year, a CLUG Installfest will be held in
conjunction with Software Freedom Day
<http://www.softwarefreedomday.org> on Saturday 16th September. The CLUG
St Albans venue has been booked for that day, 12-5pm, and so begin our
preparations.

There are eight 30-minute speaker slots available, so the next three
workshops are to build up our transplantable network and presentations
ready for SFD-Installfest. Any questions please?

All welcome, light supper provided, donations cover costs.

Kind regards,

pp SFD team Christchurch,