[GNUz] Reminder: Freenix Workshop Thurs 1/6/6: Dapper Day!

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Wed, 31 May 2006 21:16:11 +1200

 > Hi folks,
 >
 > Freenix Wireless Community Workshop: Unix-like networking.
 >
 > Thursday June 1st, 7.30pm at the Sydenham Community Association Hall,
 > 25  Hutcheson Street, Christchurch.
 >
 > This workshop reviews PC wireless software tools at our disposal, for
 > network building projects such as Don Gould's neighbourhood servers.

The gathering will double as our local Dapper Drake Release Party
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperReleaseParties> so come join the fun.

The workshop format will be to set up an Ubuntu wireless host Access
Point to share our dialout connection, and then make sure everyone with
wireless devices can connect. We'll take a quick look at the production
environment, answer any user questions, and discuss what uses we might
like to put our network to in this and following meetings.

We will then allocate repairers to any repairee boxes we have present,
and break for a cuppa. Most people seem to like this social part of the
meeting best.

Depending on interest, we'll move on to rebuild our network by tweaking
one of these two distros' AP functionality into dialout life - Voyage
Debian 3.1 GNU/Linux, or FreeBSD 6.1.

 > O/S setup and maintenance questions will be answered, with install
 > help and CDs made available.
 >
 > All welcome, light supper provided, donations cover costs.

 > mailing list.

See you at the lake - Quack!