[GNUz] re: FreeBSD install

gnuz@inode.co.nz gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 30 May 2006 15:54:59 +1200

1. Getting other OSes to run.....

   even tried to reinstall grub via install disk of ubuntu/Kubuntu no joy.

2. Keyboard
   think i've tried all versions alavailable via sysinstall KeyMap menu.

3. Modem
   Selected internet settings in sysinstall|nemtwork Sub-Menu.
   (caviate Not been able to test it out as yet).

cya Thursday all going well

Dave.
Hey Dave,

bossman@slingshot.co.nz wrote:
> Hi ho,
>
> Needing BSD help in getting my 5.2-RELEASE going or rather working better.

How about reinstalling with a nice new version while that's simple to do
(no files to backup yet)?

> problems....
>
>      bootloader not recongising my other 2 OSes (linux and the dark side).

The way I do it is to use GRUB from a LNX partition. Not sure is
anything else can work, unless u only have BSD.

>      getting modem to be found (lo think i might have this solved)

Lucky you! ...

>      getting keyboard to behave (arrow keys not working right plus other
>      faults).

Sounds like you selected the wrong type (104 keys, US?..) - change via
#sysinstall

> So i'd like my box put onto the nights agenda for a look see.

That's fine. C U then.

> cheers
>
> dave.
>
> ps i am writing this from work - no access from home.

Cheers, Rik