[GNUz] Voyage setup part2: read-only

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 23 May 2006 15:01:51 +1200

So far so semi-good.

I'll persevere with the untarred install until I strike a definate
reason not to. E.g. pcmcia is included by default; probably every driver
has been, and I'm not limited by space (5GB) so don't need a tight
install to learn on.

But I'm still mastering the writeable options & resorting to external
mounting to get at e.g. /etc/resolv.conf (symlink to /ro) to permanently
add working DNS. (I can ping SNAP's but not Xtra's whom I'm connected
to!?!) I'm looking through /etc/dnsmasq.conf - correct?

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:09:26 +1200
> Steve Holdoway wrote:
>
>>...I'd be a bit careful with this in a multi-boot environment, and rtfm *very* carefully first, or it may dump lilo all over the mbr when you least want it to...
>
> Thats why i suggested commenting out the lilo invocation :-)

If I never have to look at Lilo again in my life, it's a good thing imho!

Cheers,