[GNUz] Reminder: Freenix Workshop Tonight

Rik Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 04 May 2006 13:48:17 +1200

Hi folks,

> Tonight, May 4th @Sydenham Community Association Hall, 25 Hutcheson
> Street, Christchurch, starting 7.30pm, is an Ubuntu/FreeBSD explore,
> with a wireless focus.
>
> The format is to answer any questions people have for using Ubuntu,
> explain its maintenance, use dialup to go online, and share that
> connection wirelessly - i.e. the wireless network setup tools will be
> reviewed. We'll link up any wireless-enabled systems people bring
> along thus, starting with Don's.
>
> After tea break we will compare FreeBSD 6.0 for the same functions,
> and hear from Dale DuRose as to why we should want to use it. Reading
> handouts will be supplied.
>
> Repair & install help commences with the tea break.
>
> All welcome, donations cover costs ($2 minimum please).

This meeting is somewhat special, as Freenix's 18-month anniversary.
There'll be a light supper as usual, during which we might like to
consider what we want to achieve from our next 18 months. Keeping going
is what I'd assume most people's first response will be.

We are an active project community now, steadily building our skillbase
for Free Not-Unix advocacy, support, and market development.

To keep our main work focussed, it would be best if any KDE-based
discussion or work utilised the backroom please. This would relieve the
problem of people talking over each other, which makes it difficult for
listeners to follow the drift of what these meetings are about.

Thanks, and see you there,