[GNUz] Isn't Clark Connect non-Free?

Don Gould gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 09 Apr 2006 17:34:55 +1200

Timothy Musson wrote:
> Anyway! I brought it up because I think we're a Free Software user
> group. We are, right? So we should be pretty careful about what we
> encourage people to install.

I agree that this is a good point.

It's also a reason that I've expressed that I don't want the group
ending up being me presenting stuff all year.

I was excited that others also wanted to show us mirrors of the cc
concept done with other free software.  This gives users more choice.

I think we should be looking at things no mater the software ownership,
proving its ownership and then proving that there are other choices that
duplicate the requirments - which is exactly what's been done!  It's
fantastic.

Thanks Tim!

Cheers Don