[GNUz] Inspired to work with wifi

Steve Holdoway gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:00:33 +1200

Hi Dale,

I've done a fair bit of research on this, and my solution is to use a Soekris 4801 ( http://www.soekris.com/net4801.htm ), and a Senao nmp-8602 plus mini-pci card ( http://www.senao.com/english/product/product_wireless01_outdoor_1.asp?pgtl=Wireless&tp1id=02&tp2id=09&proid=000169 ). The high power card ( check to make sure you stay legal! ) gives a pretty impressive range! Then use pebble, voyager or a bsd variant to run it all.

cheers,

Steve