[GNUz] O/S compare

Richard Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:39:29 +1300

Nick Rout wrote:

>>They sell computers - subtle difference. OS/X .. the main
>>reason for buying Macs would be lost!
>>

>They also sell the OS - just ask people about how much lighter their
>wallet is after an upgrade to a new version!

Well that's selling upgrades, not OS - to preexisting clients: a captive
marke). No wonder M$ are planning the same.

What I'm interested in knowing is, does the Mac license (if there is
one) apply to the box or the OS on it? I haven't heard of any Mac EULA,
and would guess that those pre-selected upgrade buyers don't (need to)
get one therefore.

>If it does work on the same machine as windows/linux/freebsd then you
>can bet your bottom dollar there will be plenty of copies floating
>around the peer to peer networks and asian markets shortly after
>release!

More reason for them not to start selling a MacOS.

--
Richard Tindall, InfoHelp Services <http://www.infohelp.co.nz>, on:
Ubuntu GNU/Linux 5.04 free OS, 2.6.10-5-k7 kernel, GNOME 2.10.0 desktop