[GNUz] [Fwd: WLUG Wiki Licensing]

Jim Cheetham gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:20:50 +1200

Migration after the event is difficult. Here we see WLUG trying it, and
they have a couple of problems I'm guessing. I don't especially like
being called a "BadAuthor" just because I haven't agreed to their terms,
but I suspect that's just phraseology ...

See http://www.wlug.org.nz/WlugWikiLicense for more info on their choices.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: WLUG Wiki Licensing
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:33:50 +1200
From: Matt Brown <matt@mattb.net.nz>
To: matt@mattb.net.nz

Hi,

You may be aware that the WLUG Wiki is in the process of being migrated
to a Creative Commons Wiki license to clarify the situation regarding
the use of the content.

As you have added content to the wiki before we need to get your
agreement for this relicensing.

To indicate your agreement, please create yourself a homepage (simply a
page with the same name that you used to login), or edit your existing
homepage to add the following text.

<?plugin WlugLicenseAgreement ?>

If you can't remember the username you logged in as, look at
http://www.wlug.org.nz/~matt/WikiBadAuthors and try and find your name.
That page contains a list of all Wiki Authors who have not yet agreed to
the license change, and a count of the number of pages they have
edited.

If you want further information about the license and the relicensing
process see http://www.wlug.org.nz/WlugWikiLicense

Any other questions or concerns can be directed to me.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

--
Matt Brown matt@wlug.org.nz