[GNUz] Blog entry about wiki licensing

Richard Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:00:45 +1200

Jim Cheetham wrote:

> I love the blog world.
>
> "wikihow_responds_to_criticism" : "A month ago ... I blasted them.
> ...  However, they have now entirely switched over"
>
> It's good to see how influential those busy little blogging people are.

What was is Nick said about semi-brevity?.. Seriously, time is too short
for reading all the fine source material out there, without getting
distracted by random commentary. - Just another .02c - Wiki-interactive
seems more in keeping with meaningful (honed) dialogue.

> On the other hand, the real discussion under the hood shows people
> having real problems with GFDL, and electing to use CC because of
> it's  simplicity - much like the original GPL.

I'm 'hearing' this echoed, but yet to see what the actual problem is.
Stripping out the GFDL for onsale? It's pretty danged plain to
comprehend, tho not as pretty as CC. (Gnu's are known to be ornary beasts ;)

--
Richard Tindall, InfoHelp Services <http://www.infohelp.co.nz> on:
Ubuntu GNU/Linux 5.04 free OS, 2.6.10-5-686 kernel, GNOME 2.10.0 desktop