[GNUz] Fwd: Academics Discuss MS vs. OSS

Martin Bähr gnuz@inode.co.nz
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 05:39:48 +0200

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 01:53:30PM +1200, Richard Tindall wrote:
> 'Material published on a CC license may be dual-published on any other
> license, except the GFDL.'
> I'm sure this is very clear.

not really.

> So, if I wish to write documents shareable for two or more locations
> and use the GFDL, then the CLUG Wiki is excluded to me as one of them.
> It's a choice I've had to make - to write for the Wiki, or on GFDL.

how is that possible, or even enforcible?
and what's the point of it anyways?

if you produce something you may publish it under any license you
choose. how you license your product to one party does not influence
what license you may use for any other party (unless you sign some
exclusive contract, but then you are only violating the contract, not
any of the licenses)

greetings, martin.
--
cooperative communication with sTeam      -     caudium, pike, roxen and unix
offering: programming, training and administration   -  anywhere in the world