[GNUz] Fwd: Academics Discuss MS vs. OSS

Nick Rout gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:11:27 +1200

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:35:44 +1200
Richard Tindall wrote:

> Nick Rout wrote:
>
> >Jim did a lot of research and chose creative commons,  what
> >part of it do you find lacking?
> >

> Don't imply a criticism from me when I have made none, please.

My reading of your earlier post was that you preferred not to use the
CLUG wiki because the license was CC instead of GFDL, which in turn
implies some criticism (or at least a preference of sufficient magnitude
to influence a decision about publishing something).

So my question was, what do you see as lacking in the CC license? Its a
simple question, this list is about such issues after all. Although IAAL
I am no expert in licensing and could gain from some discussion of the
issues.