[GNUz] GNOME on GNU/Hurd

Richard Tindall gnuz@inode.co.nz
Thu, 26 May 2005 22:29:31 +1200

Just to save Philip's typing, here are the Hurd install instructions:

http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd

Note the author!
Seems we have a world luminary just down the road, to thank.
Adding to Philip's test-team would be a real contribution.

Have tried current xemacs on both Ubuntu & Sarge. Disappointing.
The CPU red-lines on some buffer-swapping & pixel-shaking loop, and the
browser rendering is a most extreme site test. So our workshop next week
may be limited to plain emacs (Derek won't mind that). Now, for the
meeting notice (sorry it's overdue)..

-Rik
--
Richard Tindall, InfoHelp Services <http://www.infohelp.co.nz>, on:
Debian Sarge GNU/Linux freeOS, 2.6.11-1-686 kernel, GNOME 2.8.3 desktop