top/bottom posting WAS [GNUz] GNU/Linux ...

Zane Gilmore gnuz@inode.co.nz
Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:23:55 +1200

Nothing wrong with top-posting
:-P

Nick Rout wrote:
>>I had thought this meant 'put your comments below (& not above) the
>>quoted text'..

It does, and the more anally retentive "listers" of this world can get
very silly about it.

<snip>

> top posting vs inline vs bottom posting is a perrenial debate.,

Dunno about debate more of a "hot-air" war (not hot enough for flames)

> sufficient to say that its easier to read bottom posting on a long
> thread because you get the thread history before the latest post viz:

Why not just use a threaded email client?

<snip>

> Except you have to scroll through the message to see the latest stuff
> and some people can't be bothered and prefer a top post. there are only
> half a dozen people on the list but i bet each has their own perspective
> on the best way to do it.

Are you suggesting that we are all opinionated!

--
Zane Gilmore, Analyst / Programmer
Information Services Section, Information Technology Dept,