[OneRNG-Discuss] OpenSuse installation woes

bsr tmp543901 at buckeye-express.com
Fri Jan 27 21:27:54 GMT 2023

On 1/12/23 06:26, Paul Elliott wrote:

> Now, whilst I haven't sat down to completely understand the script, it
> would seem to me that the script is not being invoked 'correctly'. It
> passes %k as a parameter, which should resolve to the kernel name,
> however this is passing 1-4, NOT ttyACM0, which is what I suspect the
> script wants. I must admit I am wondering if this should be %N, the
> name of the device node, but I want to get something in the way of
> advice before I tinker too much.
>
> This is with kernel version 6.1.3 by the way.

Paul Campbell posted an explanation of how the script works several
years ago.  This may help:

http://lists.ourshack.com/pipermail/discuss/2019-February/000571.html

Mailman without a search feature makes finding info a PITA but there are
some solutions.  For this discussion list you can search locally with
script written by Karl Fogel that downloads the monthly .txt.gz files
and searches using grep.   here:

https://code.librehq.com/ots/ots-tools/-/blob/main/search-mailman-archive

That may help you find answers to your other questions if they were
previously discussed.

Other search solutions are listed here but Jim mentioned they aren't
available on the current host (several links are dead):

https://wiki.list.org/DOC/How%20do%20I%20make%20the%20archives%20searchable

bsr