onerng-talk migrating to mailman ...

James Pond james+onernglist at cipher.host
Wed Mar 3 16:56:09 GMT 2021

As a user of SourceHut[1] and someone who is iffy about Microsoft, I would vote for migrating everything over to SourceHut instead and using this opportunity to ditch GitHub.

Their mailing list feature is miles ahead of mailman in terms of user-friendliness, but they also provide an alternative to GitHub Pages — which I assume is where the main website is hosted at —, wiki, git itself, and a bunch of others.

Another benefit is that while you can sign up for a SourceHut account, you do not need to have one to participate in the mailing list or even to contribute with code to the project, so the "generates a simple password/token for each account" part would not happen.

Just my opinion, of course.

[1] https://sourcehut.org/