[onerng talk] Running two ONERNG simultaneously

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Tue Jul 27 21:09:37 BST 2021

On Wednesday, 28 July 2021 7:15:04 AM NZST lefsky wrote:
> I'd like to be able to compare random numbers from two ONERNGs operating
> simultaneously. Is this possible to do that on a single computer?

yes, you can plug in two, you'll end up with two /dev/ttyACM* devices - the
default onerng.sh script will not handle this particularly well - if your goal
is to compare two devices you're best to uninstall this software anyway (as
it's going to suck data out of one of the devices).

The  /dev/ttyACM* devices will look like serial devices - to compare them put
them into raw mode, send them commands to turn them on and grab the bitstreams
that result

	Paul