OneRNG not working after reinstalling onerng_3.6-1_all.deb

bsr presspound at buckeye-access.com
Mon Mar 18 17:16:15 GMT 2019

Mark,

I have tried debugging this in my spare time but haven't found a definitive solution.  I can't duplicate your situation exactly (using mint 19.1) so that makes it a bit difficult to diagnose.

>At this stage I plan on waiting to see what the next version of the
>Debian installer produces, and in the meantime, look for an alternative entropy
>source.

You know your device firmware is good otherwise it wouldn't pass at all.  Since the issue occurs with dd in the verify block, for now you can disable fw check in onerng.conf using ONERNG_VERIFY_FIRMWARE="0" and your device should work every time.