[onerng talk] OneRNG not working after reinstalling onerng_3.6-1_all.deb

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Wed Feb 20 13:22:37 GMT 2019

On Wednesday, 20 February 2019 10:15:55 AM NZDT bsr wrote:
> I have no use for modem manager and is known to conflict with OneRNG, so I
> uninstalled it and my OneRNG device does work (cat /dev/random >/dev/null
> causes LED dimming, etc.)  However, I still get weird errors when the
> device is brought up:

(sorry I'm responding slowly, spent the last 2 days on planes and in airports)

If you are using an old modem manager you may have issues - the known problem
was fixed upstream a year or two ago - there's a blacklist of ACM devices that
are not network devices - ACM devices don't have to be network devices, but
there's no way to tell so the modem manager blindly pokes at it for a while
after startup which can cause stuff to fail

	Paul