OneRNG not working after reinstalling onerng_3.6-1_all.deb

bsr presspound at buckeye-access.com
Thu Feb 21 00:22:18 GMT 2019

It seems I unintentionally hijacked Mark's thread a little.  I was trying to help figure out why his OneRNG isn't working and got a little sidetracked.  I thought maybe modem manager was causing a problem but that appears to be a non-issue.  Unlike Mark's device, my OneRNG is working on Mint 19.1 (but still logs the errors I posted above).

Pertaining to Mark's device:

judging by the output that Mark posted (running /sbin/onerng.sh daemon ttyACMx) I'm pretty sure it fails in the "loop waiting for things to come up" of onerng.sh

you can see the dd command, then the dd process id should get caught on next line and killed about 7 lines later, but dd fails, thus ..."kill: No such process"

So it seems that is where it fails but I'm not sure why.