[onerng talk] OneRNG not working after reinstalling onerng_3.6-1_all.deb

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Fri Feb 22 02:13:43 GMT 2019

> I'd also very much appreciate some pointers to how I can locate, in the
archive of earlier help, the information about how to use OneRNG without
the software.

Well, let's see what we can do to help you in more detail then :-)

Let's start with, what do you want to use the OneRNG *for*?

If it is to "improve /dev/random on my OS", then we should either continue
to try to debug the installation of the package, or instead work out a more
manual method to get entropy flowing through to the right place.

If the answer is "to collect entropy/random data to use in some custom
workflow/software", then we can go down that route and avoid the .deb
package completely.

-jim