New OneRNG software release

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.com
Tue Oct 3 21:32:54 BST 2017

Thanks to the hard work of one of our customers (thanks Lon!) we've identified
a firmware bug that can cause problems for people with  OneRNGs with V3
firmware (the external ones we've been selling since the beginning of the
year). This problem can cause blocks of 0s to be injected into the random
stream under certain bursty access conditions, only if the entropy buffer is
not flushed after checking the firmware is signed correctly.

Fortunately there's a simple fix - we've just released a new set OneRNG
software (no need for a firmware change) - version 3.6 we encourage everyone
to upgrade to the latest firmware asap - available at

	http://onerng.info/

We haven't seen this on devices with V2 firmware, but it wont do any harm to
upgrade to this version.

	thanks

	Paul