Firmware verification failing on CentOS 6.9

bsr presspound at buckeye-access.com
Thu Oct 26 17:13:05 BST 2017

I figured out the problem is not OneRNG related, rather my crappy computer.

The problem is either a bad USB port or the controller going haywire.  Plugging OneRNG into a good USB port the firmware verifies on CentOS every single time.  This is the second usb port to "fail" on my computer.  I discovered the first bad port when I built a DIY OneRNG programmer last summer and couldn't get it to work because it was plugged into faulty usb port #1.  I sent way too many emails trying to debug both of these issues when they haven't been OneRNG problems at all... sorry Paul.

I'm still curious why inserting OneRNG into the same "bad" usb port with Debian allows the firmware to verify correctly every single time but not on CentOS?