[onerng talk] OneRNG and Python

Jim Cheetham jim at gonzul.net
Thu Dec 7 08:35:47 GMT 2017

Under Linux, the correct way to use the device is to have it as an input to
/dev/urandom, using rngd to feed entropy in from OneRNG to your kernel.

If you want to read data directly from OneRNG, you can; it is just a serial
device, and you can just open it, write the config commands, and then read
the number of bytes of data that you want. You'd be advised to use OneRNG
data to seed a PRNG though :-)

Sensibly, the Python docs say "use your OS, not us" ...
https://docs.python.org/2/library/random.html

-jim

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 9:06 PM, 7xxprometheusxx7 <7xxprometheusxx7 at gmail.com