Installation(?)/operation unsuccessful on centos 6.9 - I need help please.

bsr presspound at buckeye-access.com
Mon Apr 10 19:01:15 BST 2017

Hi,

First, I'd like to express my appreciation to all those involved in creating/maintaining onerng - thank you.

I have attempted to install onerng on centos 6.9 without success.  I already had the other deps installed but I didn't find the python-gnupg dependancy in any repo (base, epel, etc.) but I did install python2-gnupg.noarch and python-GnuPGInterface.noarch, made sure atd was running, and then tried installing the rpm.

# rpm -i onerng-3.5-1.fc20.noarch.rpm

yields

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.kl9aoM: line 1: /usr/sbin/udevadm: No such file or directory
warning: %post(onerng-3.5-1.fc20.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 127

Despite the warning, it appears the files appear to have been created properly (onerng.sh, onerng_verify.py, onerng.conf, 79-onerng.rules).  Upon insertion onerng is recognized as ttyACM0.  The orange led glows solid indicating onerng itself has initialized propery.

# cat /dev/random >/dev/null

doesn't cause the led to dim indicating pool depletion as it should.  I also tried dumping some of the pool to a file with dd to no avail.  I uninstalled the rpm and then installed python-gnupg via pip and tried the same process as above with the same result.

dmesg output is:

usb 5-1: new full speed USB device number 2 using uhci_hcd
usb 5-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d50, idProduct=6086
usb 5-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=3
usb 5-1: Product: 00
usb 5-1: Manufacturer: Moonbase Otago http://www.moonbaseotago.com/random
usb 5-1: SerialNumber: 00
cdc_acm 5-1:1.0: This device cannot do calls on its own. It is not a modem.
cdc_acm 5-1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
cdc_acm: v0.26:USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters

Upon insertion ttyACM0 always shows as owner root, group 'dialout'.

crw-rw----. 1 root dialout 166,   0 Apr  8 11:44 ttyACM0

I'm not sure if the group is correct.  I have changed grp to root (temporary) but no difference.  I have changed the permissons to 600 but no difference.  I have also built the installer from the tarball and don't see any fatal error messages but still can't get it to work.

Any ideas?  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

bsr